Within a week of the United States entering World War I, 575 Cornell male undergraduates registered for military service. Soon after, the university began a flight ground school and many Cornell women played lead roles in the war effort.
Around the university
- How To Be Cool With Your Own Company
- How Food Shopping Can Turn New Year's Resolutions Into 'Res-Illusions'
- 50 Of The Most Majestic Libraries In The World
- $4 Trillion Peak for China’s Stockpile of Foreign Currency May Free PBOC’s Hands
- Obama’s Free-College Plan Evokes Spirit of Historic Higher Ed Acts
- Diabetes Prevention in Qatar Should Focus on Lifestyle Factors
- Awards and Honors Across Weill Cornell Medical College - Week of Jan. 16 - Jan. 23
- Study Suggests Drug Coverage Alone Not an Easy Solution to Closing Treatment Gap in Depression
- Awards and Honors Across Weill Cornell Medical College - Week of Jan. 9 - Jan. 16
- ACOs Moving Ahead